This is what I've been doing.
The bulk of my days have been spent doing the following...
- Unnecessary trips to Target
- Necessary trips to Good Will
- Shifting around boxes instead of unpacking them
- Make a "fix it" list, that continues to grow
- Figuring out where switches are and stumbling across dark rooms
- Sweeping the floors (repeat)
- Getting to know my neighbors- They are the type that bring you dinner and wine.. Oh yes, these neighborhoods still exist.
- Wine drinking (survival)
- Speaking of survival!: We have NO internet, phone or cable. (OK-we have our cell phones but it just sounded more dramatic) I know some of you might not need these things on a daily basis (if you are one of those people, I salute you. And please speak up.) It scares me how much I depend on these things... What's a girl to do when she's tired of unpacking and can't watch The Bachelor or read blogs?????
Several things, actually:
- act like a 10-year old and find ways to entertain myself. Numerous times I have popped out of big moving boxes and scared the bejesus out of Hoyt.
- Then I draw pictures of the re-enactment:
- Then I sketch million-dollar renovation plans for our tiny new home and leave them on Hoyt's bedside table. Hint, Hint.?
- Dreaming about all the things I would do if I had a bigger budget.
- Thinking of all the things I need to do, and all the emails I need to respond to.
- Blogging at work.
- I'll be back soon with something more substantial
- .... Just wanted to say hey.